100,000,000 BON JOVI FANS CAN’T BE WRONG…
• 100,000,000 BON JOVI FANS CAN’T BE WRONG… is released INTERNATIONALLY on NOV. 15TH.
• 100,000,000 BON JOVI FANS CAN’T BE WRONG… is released in the USA & CANADA on NOV 16TH.
• Release Dates may be later in some regions of the world where production issues will delay the box set’s release, including JAPAN (Release Date TBC)
• This is not your typical box set. In fact, it’s a “THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX” SET – whereas most box sets are a repackaging of a band’s catalogue or a collection of an artist’s greatest hits with a few rarities thrown in, 100,000,000 BON JOVI FANS CAN’T BE WRONG… is comprised mostly of music that has never been released! It’s THE GREATEST HITS YOU NEVER HEARD!!!
• 100,000,000 BON JOVI FANS CAN’T BE WRONG… includes fifty (50) songs divided amongst FOUR (4) CDs & Each of the CDs is sequenced like a regular album; this is not a chronological collection of songs.
• 38 of the songs have NEVER BEEN RELEASED BEFORE! For one reason or another, they did not make the album they were written/recorded for and ended up in the band’s vaults.
• The other 12 songs have seen the light of day before – either as a song on a movie soundtrack or as a b-side on a single somewhere in the world or performed live.
• There is no single going to radio.
• There is a 10 SONG SAMPLER going to radio and retail to promote the upcoming box set. The following songs will be included on that sampler:
1) THE RADIO SAVED MY LIFE TONIGHT
2) WHY AREN’T YOU DEAD?
3) I GET A RUSH
4) OPEN ALL NIGHT
5) LOVE AIN’T NOTHING BUT A FOUR LETTER WORD
7) LONELY AT THE TOP
8) THIEF OF HEARTS
9) EDGE OF A BROKEN HEART
10) TAKING IT BACK
• Several Tracks off this sampler have been designated as exclusive downloads on several different online music providers; please visit www.bonjovi.com beginning October 26th for information about where you can download these songs before the box set comes out in November.
• No tour is planned in support of 100,000,000 BON JOVI FANS CAN’T BE WRONG…
• For more information, please visit the band’s official website: www.bonjovi.com
F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions) about
100,000,000 BON JOVI FANS CAN’T BE WRONG…
HOW DID THIS BOX SET COME TO BE?
As the 100,000,000 mark in sales was approaching and as the band was nearing the 20th anniversary of the release of the debut album, it was time to take a step back and celebrate those milestones while giving the longtime fans a THANK YOU. It was time for the band to go into the vaults and unearth some hidden treasures that until now have not been shared with the fans.
THIS ISN’T A TYPICAL BOX SET? SO WHAT IS IT?
100,000,000 BON JOVI FANS CAN’T BE WRONG… is not your typical box set. It’s not a repackaging of the band’s previous albums. It’s not an elaborate greatest hits collection with some remixes and rarities thrown in for good measure. This is truly a ‘premiere collection’ – it’s the premiere of most of the material! It’s the GREATEST HITS YOU’VE NEVER HEARD!
WHAT SONGS MADE THE BOX SET? AND WHY DIDN’T THEY MAKE BON JOVI ALBUMS?
Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora as songwriters, and BON JOVI as a band, are very prolific. Typically, when they set out to work on an album, they can write as many as 30 to 40 songs for one project – eventually through the writing process, demo process, recording and mixing process narrowing it down to the songs that will make the final album (as well as any bonus tracks in some markets.) Then, some songs that didn’t make the final album cut will be used a “b-sides” – additional tracks released on singles around the world. But not every fan in the world has access to the b-sides… and then not every song that doesn’t make the album becomes a b-side. Many were relegated to the Bon Jovi vault (literally under the band’s recording studios) and sat there… until it was time to go through them all to put together this unique project.
HOW DID THE BOX SET GET PUT TOGETHER? WAS ANY NEW WORK DONE TO THE TRACKS?
The band’s close friend and longtime recording engineer, OBIE O’BRIEN, went through the vaults – he unearthed songs even the band didn’t remember. He presented his findings to the band and the band decided what songs would ultimately make the box set and ultimately not be included. There was minimal work done on some of the tracks in order to clean them up a little bit but, for the most part, Obie and the band opted to keep the never-before-released tracks the way he found them. They’re not perfect; they captured a moment in time and in the band’s history. The vibe was more important than perfection.
OK, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SONGS THAT HAVE BEEN RELEASED BEFORE? WHY ARE THEY ON THIS BOX SET?
There are a dozen songs that have been previously released that are included in this box set. Some of them were tracks that until now were on movie soundtracks and never on a proper Bon Jovi album. Some were used as b-sides in various parts of the world. And some have been performed but never seen a real release from the band… While many fans who have been following the band for a long time have their favorite b-sides and may wonder why they weren’t included in this project, the truth is there are too many Bon Jovi b-sides to choose from! So many fans have so many favorites, these chosen are just a selection of the band’s b-sides. Plus, even the b-sides that you *think* you might know have been changed slightly for this compilation. (For example, the song ‘Real Life’ is remixed and the song ‘Lonely At The Top’ sounds much different than the version the band released as a b-side in 1995.)
WHAT’S THE BREAKDOWN OF CDS?
This collection is made up of four (4) CDs with a total of 50 songs. Each CD was specifically sequenced so it had its own beginning, middle and end. Rather than list the songs chronologically, each CD was organized in a way that the listener could enjoy it start to finish as if it were a regular album… and then put another new CD in.
WHAT’S ON THE BONUS DVD?
The BONUS DVD is primarily interview footage. The band gathered together in Los Angeles in August to listen to the box set together for the first time. Their responses, their recollections, their commentary was captured. A month later, Jon Bon Jovi sat down with a home video camera in the band’s NJ studio and talked about the project as well. Finally, there is behind-the-scenes footage. While some of it is from the now-unavailable Access All Areas DVD that had documented the band’s 1988/1989 New Jersey tour, there is personal footage taken from on the road over the years that has never been seen by anyone but the band and their familes/friends. Yes, there are easter eggs! There is a photo gallery as well. This BONUS DVD was put together as something special for the fans.
WHAT ABOUT THE BOOKLET? HOW DID BON JOVI INCLUDE THEIR FANS?
The collectors’ booklet is 64-pages. It’s full of photos – from throughout the years and many of which are from the band members’ personal collections. It also contains other content provided by the band members. Most unique though is the band’s desire to have the fans involved in the project. Bon Jovi invited fans all over the world to send their ‘testimonials’ to email@example.com – an email address opened up just to accept emails from Bon Jovi fans who wanted to share their thoughts and memories and feelings about the band and what the music has meant to them. Thousands upon thousands of emails flooded in and many were chosen to be included inside the booklet. Those chosen represent Bon Jovi fans of all parts of the globe, different ages, races, sexes, religions, backgrounds and languages (even some of the imperfect English has been left as it was sent; we didn’t want to sanitize the words of someone trying to share his/her feeling in their native tongue.) We also don’t want to give away too much about what’s inside the booklet – why spoil the surprise when fans open it the first time!
WILL THE BAND TOUR IN SUPPORT OF THIS ALBUM?
No. There’s no tour planned in support of the “think outside the box” set… there will be limited promotional activities however. More news as it is available.
WHAT’S THE FUTURE FOR BON JOVI?
The band is about to complete the work on a new studio album slated for release in Spring of 2005. They have been recording in New Jersey and Los Angeles with John Shanks. More information on that as it is available, as well as future touring plans beyond that.
WHERE DO I GO FOR MORE INFO?
For more information on 100,000,000 BON JOVI FANS CAN’T BE WRONG… and all things BON JOVI related, please visit the band’s official website (www.bonjovi.com) – it ‘s being updated as we near the release of the box set and will continue to keep fans up to date on all things in the Bon Jovi world over the coming months.
100,000,000 BON JOVI FANS CAN’T BE WRONG…
STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!